- What Is a Military School?
- History of Military Schools
- Daily Life at Military School
- Military School Discipline
- Why Military Schools?
- Who Are They For?
- Who Are They Not For?
- Alternatives to Military Schools
- Is Your Teen in Trouble?
- Military School Lingo
- Military Prep Schools
- Helpful Resources
- Articles on Teen Issues
Military School Articles
- Education Brings Hope to Teens in Substance Abuse Treatment
Success in school is vital for teens who are trying to get and stay sober. Research shows that doing well in school not only makes it easier for teens to succeed in college and a career, but it is also tied to self-esteem, social skills and overall happiness. more...
- Bored Teens More Likely to Drink, Take Drugs
Boredom can be a dangerous thing, particularly for impressionable teenagers who are full of energy and looking for things to keep them occupied nearly every waking hour of each day. It should not be very surprising, then, to discover that boredom is a risk factor for alcohol and drug use among teens and young adults. more...
- Teachers at Residential Programs for Teens Take a Specialized Approach to Education
With years of experience working with teens who are struggling with anger, defiance, depression, substance abuse, and other issues, the teachers at residential treatment centers for teens are well-equipped to get adolescents reinvested in their education. more...
- The Drawbacks of Juvenile Boot Camps' Confrontational Approach
Can a system that was inspired by an effort to mold civilian adults into battle-ready soldiers help troubled teens transform into responsible members of society? And is a confrontational approach an appropriate (and safe) way to rehabilitate teenage boys and girls? In other words, are juvenile boot camps worth the risk? more...
- Things to Consider Before You Ship Your Teen Off to Boot Camp
You never had any illusions that raising your teen was going to be easy. But the problems you've been experiencing recently have you considering drastic measures such as a boot camp for troubled teens. But the juvenile boot camp experience often leaves parents and teens worse off - and considerably more frustrated - than they were before they entered the program. more...